Thursday, October 3, 2013

Indie devs! My new friends.

This time last year I was in England studying abroad but I had to have some games to play, only armed with a Vita (I hadn't bought many vita games and the library at that time was scarce) and a low end laptop my options were limited. But then I started reading more into these indie games, games that these small teams make that have incredible content and worth the tiny price tags they come with. The first one I found was called,
"Don't Starve" with amazing art and just a different take on the survival game I had to try it. At the time it was in Beta but I loved it and with every update there was something that kept me playing. I could pop in for a few minutes build up my base, kill a few hounds, and explore a bit before saving it and be off to do a few other things. I couldn't believe how detailed it was but how inexpensive it was for me to buy but also get a key for a friend to play.

When I got back to the states and had access to a better computer I looked into more of them, Minecraft, Spelunkey, gunpoint ect.. The list can go on and on because there are so many of these games and they're all so good that they all deserve a try. At as much as $15 I feel like I'm getting a great deal for amazing games that have a certain charm that only indie games can create. One that I still need to try that I saw on steam in Bro Force it looks hilarious and just like a fun time and that's why I play games, I want to have fun and then tell you why I had fun.

What are some of your favorite indie games?

UPDATE: Check out this video from Polygon this morning showing views about both Microsoft and Sony from the Indie developer prospective.

No comments:

Post a Comment